Can You See a Laptop Screen on Your Phone?
The proliferation of the internet has seen an increase in the use of second-screen devices. Technology enthusiasts have also noticed with excitement that it has become easier than ever to pair multiple devices or mirror your phone display to an external surface or device. Given both trends, is it then possible to cast a laptop screen on your phone?
You can easily mirror a laptop screen on your phone using remote desktop tools such as the Wolfeye Remote Screen, Chrome Remote Desktop, Android Cast Screen Mirroring app, and AweSun. These handy tools allow you to pair your phone and desktop while allowing remote access to the live screen.
To answer this question, the rest of this article will explore some existing technologies that may allow you to cast a PC screen onto a phone. Let’s jump right in.
How To Cast a PC Screen to a Phone
When it comes to whether or not it is possible to cast a PC screen to a phone, the answer is yes. While casting your phone’s display to a screen is more commonly known, this type of screen casting can work both ways. This, however, requires a set of tools to facilitate this process.
Let us look at some of the common solutions to cast a PC screen on a phone as follows:
The Wolfeye Remote Screen
If you are looking for a handy tool that allows you to cast a PC screen to a phone, then the Wolfeye Remote Screen is just what the doctor ordered. The Wolfeye Remote Screen is a tool you can use to oversee activity on a PC or laptop.
The software allows you to oversee any kind of activity that takes place remotely from another device. All you need to do is install the Wolfeye Remote Screen windows executable file on the host computer. This executable file is available for download on the Wolfeye website.
Some of its many functions include:
- You can easily save or archive these recordings for later access if need be.
- You can also take regular screenshots of what the PC user sees on their screen.
- The software makes it easy to monitor activity without being seen. This is especially useful for businesses monitoring employees or parents looking out for their children.
Since this is a web-based tool, you can access it via a PC or from another internet-enabled device. As explained on the Wolfeye website, you can see the PC live screen on a web browser from a PC or a mobile phone. Just visit the webpage from the browser using your phone, and voila!
Chrome Remote Desktop
This tool provides a simple way to connect with any device. It makes it easier to oversee your children or employees’ activity and ensure transparency remotely. One of the many benefits of Chrome Remote Desktop is that it allows you to access files on any connected device via your phone or computer.
This remote desktop tool by Google is one of the simplest ways to cast your PC screen onto your Android device. Compatible with both Windows and Mac devices, this remote desktop tool provides added versatility as compared to other options that require installing a Windows executable file.
To mirror your laptop screen on an android device using this method, follow these simple steps:
- Go to the Chrome Remote Desktop page.
- Click install when prompted to download and install the tool on your device.
- Launch the tool once you’ve finished the installation process.
- Find the Chrome Remote Desktop app on Google Play.
- Open the app via your mobile device.
- Select the computer that you want to link with.
- A pin will be generated. Input this pin code to start the mirroring process.
The AirDroid Cast Screen Mirroring App
Alternatively, you can look at the AirDroid Cast Screen mirroring app. This free Windows executable program allows you to mirror screens between devices.
Essentially, this app allows you to share a PC screen with an Android mobile device. This can come in handy when you want to view a movie on your laptop or desktop but from your mobile device.
To mirror your laptop screen on your mobile device using AirDroid Cast, follow these simple steps:
- Access the AirDroid Cast web version from your browser by typing webcast.airdroid.com.
- Download the AirDroid screen mirroring app and install it on the target laptop.
- Launch the AirDroid screen mirroring app from your laptop.
- Select Share this Computer Screen from the app interface on the laptop.
- A 9-digit cast code will be generated. Enter this 9-digit code on the Cast web version from the browser.
- The PC screen will now be visible on the browser from your Android device.
Like the other tools in this list, AweSun is a remote desktop application that makes it easy to access your computer from your mobile device. This application offers a versatile solution across multiple platforms, and it’s compatible with:
- iOS devices
The AweSun software is free to download on the company website. As a remote desktop application, this software allows you to access, control and even troubleshoot issues with your computer from your tablet, phone, or another tablet.
Follow these simple guidelines to install and use this application to mirror a laptop screen on your phone:
- Download the free software on your mobile device and laptop.
- Launch the app from your mobile device and select the Discover tab from the menu options.
- Select Remote Assist from the left-side menu.
- A new window will prompt you for your PC’s ID and passcode.
- Enter these details in the new window and you can start mirroring straight away.
In closing, it is not only possible to cast your laptop screen on your mobile device, but it is also relatively easy. All you need are the right tools. As evident from this article, there are various tools available for download – some of them free – that allow remote access to the live laptop screen.
These tools either allow you to pair both devices via a generated pin code or let you access the device from a browser. In either case, look for these tools if you are having trouble mirroring your laptop screen on your phone, and thank me later.
- Wolfeye Remote Screen: Homepage
- AirDroid Sand Studio: [5 Minutes] 3 Best Ways to Mirror PC Screen to Android Phone
- AirDroid Sand Studio: Download AiDroid Cast Now
- LetsView: Best and Easy Ways to Mirror PC to Android Phone
- Chrome Remote Desktop: The Easy Way to Remotely Connect With Your Home or Work Computer, or Share Your Screen with Others
- AwesSun: AweSun Remote Desktop Software
- Mega NZ: Download wolfeye-RS-3.0.zip