The Best Live Screen Monitoring Software Compared
There are a lot of great reasons that drive businesses and parents to start using live screen monitoring software every year. While conventional methods like monitoring search history and setting up firewalls provide some level of control over what employees and children do online, these solutions aren’t able to address every issue that comes up — and that’s where live screen monitoring software saves the day.
Wolfeye Remote Screen is one of the best live screen monitoring software. It has features like 24/7 screen recording and search history archival. Teramind is a complete option for monitoring large businesses, while mSpy is great for monitoring your child’s phone.
In this article, I’ll be exploring some of the best software you can use for screen monitoring in your home or business, including Wolfeye Remote Screen. I’ll also be explaining the pros and cons of some of the best alternatives on the market, including mSpy and Teramind.
The Best Live Screen Monitoring Software: Feature Comparison
Wolfeye Remote Screen
Device activity analytics
Live screen monitoring
Internet history tracking
24/7 screen recording
Screenshots, not recording
$120 per user for
Best Overall: Wolfeye Remote Screen
If you’re looking for a full-featured and affordable screen monitoring software, there’s no better application than Wolfeye Remote Screen. With intelligent activity analytics and 24/7 screen recording, Wolfeye provides all the information you’ll need to lead your business or protect your children.
The program can be adapted for business or personal use and is completely invisible to users. Best of all, Wolfeye Remote Screen is one of the most budget-friendly products on the market at only $97 per year.
- Wolfeye Remote Screen is completely undetectable. When you use Wolfeye, you can rest assured that users won’t be aware of monitoring. It’s completely up to you how transparent you choose to be, provided that you follow your local laws.
- Live screen monitoring is ideal for identifying unwanted device usage. Whether you’re concerned that one of your employees is using an auto-clicker to fake activity or that your child is chatting with strangers online, live screen monitoring will allow you to address unwanted behavior as it happens.
- Wolfeye Remote Screen combines the best features with the best price. With many other screen monitoring applications on the market, users end up paying more for fewer features. With Wolfeye Remote Screen, you’ll receive all of the essentials for just $97 per year.
- You won’t have the fancy analytics of other programs. While Wolfeye does offer all of the essentials you need for monitoring, you should look for another software if you need insights on things like cybersecurity.
Best for Businesses: Teramind
Whether you’re seeking a smart monitoring solution for a small business or your enterprise company, Teramind has a full suite of features that are perfect for boosting productivity. The application uses intelligent analytics to offer completely scalable monitoring.
Teramind is tailored to provide insights into employee focus and information security. Whether you’re looking to use the remote desktop controller or to analyze your organization’s security metrics, you’ll quickly find that Teramind is a spectacular solution for businesses.
- Teramind has an incredible amount of features. Unlike most competitors on the market, Teramind is built with highly intelligent analytics that makes managing even large organizations simple.
- It offers extremely accurate productivity tracking. If you need to know which employees are highly-performing and which need additional resources, Teramind offers all the tools you need to identify them quickly.
- Teramind is excellent for insider threat detection. The application tracks and analyzes employee activity, automatically alerting you to any behavior that appears malicious or risky.
- Many users find Teramind to be too complicated to use. While learning how to use Teramind effectively might be useful for extreme information security, most businesses will find simpler applications to be a better fit.
- Teramind is too expensive for many businesses. Considering that the application’s pricing starts at $120 per user annually, the cost of using Teramind with even a small team can quickly skyrocket to thousands of dollars per year.
Best for Parents: mSpy
If you need to monitor a particularly sneaky child, sometimes the conventional screen monitoring software just won’t cut it.
While mSpy might be one of the most expensive options out there for screen monitoring, it makes up for it with its full suite of features. From SMS monitoring to live GPS tracking, mSpy is a great solution for keeping tabs on your children’s devices.
- Setting up mSpy is simple. Once you’ve paid for the monitoring plan of your choice, setting up mSpy is as simple as following the steps to install it on the devices of your choice.
- mSpy is completely hidden. Whether you decide to install it on Android or iOS, there’s virtually no way to detect the software aside from noticing the slightly reduced battery life.
- You’ll receive updates on user activity every 5 minutes. mSpy is a very thorough monitoring solution, so you won’t have to worry about missing any issues.
- mSpy is a lot more expensive than competing software. While alternatives like Wolfeye Remote Screen tend to cost under $100 annually, a one-year subscription to mSpy costs $140.
- The app isn’t a good fit for business monitoring use. mSpy is specifically tailored with features for parents to use with children. However, businesses aren’t likely to benefit from the suite of parental control features that make mSpy so popular.
- mSpy consumes a lot of cellular data. Because the app sends out reports every 5 minutes, it consumes a significant amount of power and cellular data from any device it’s installed on.
- There’s no mSpy desktop application. If you want to monitor all of your child’s online activity, it’s important to account for what they might be doing on their laptop or PC. This is a major drawback to choosing mSpy.
The Ultimate Buyer’s Guide for Screen Monitoring Software
There’s a good reason why screen monitoring software continues to grow more popular with businesses every year: it’s the most effective method of improving productivity and protecting sensitive information.
By monitoring company devices discreetly, you can identify and address issues with specific employees without harming morale. In fact, a study by MIT showed that implementing monitoring software in businesses resulted in an average profit increase of 7%.
And when you’re looking to keep your children safe online, having the right screen monitoring software becomes even more essential.
Aside from exposure to inappropriate content, your children are also at risk of being targeted by predators and bullies every time they go on the web. While blocking software mitigates most of these risks, combining it with screen monitoring software ensures you can address any threat that manages to make it through.
Regardless of what you’re using it for, there are a few key features you should look for when choosing a monitoring software:
- Device activity analytics. Keeping up with monitoring can be difficult when you have a busy schedule. If your screen monitoring software provides you with analytic insights, you’ll find that watching out for unwanted activity on your devices becomes much easier.
- Live screen monitoring. If you want to address problematic behavior as soon as it arises, choosing a screen monitoring application with live screen monitoring is a must. Combined with a 24/7 automatic recording feature, this feature will allow you to stay fully aware of user activity.
- Internet history tracking. Unfortunately, most users know how to delete internet history. But using a screen monitoring program with this essential feature, you can still see what your employees or children are doing online.
- 24/7 automatic screen recording. Lastly, as you’re determining which program you want to buy, you should make sure that it has 24/7 automatic screen recording. When you have screen recordings, you can immediately identify even well-hidden inappropriate content and unwanted activity.
Between all of the software that we’ve compared today, it’s clear that Wolfeye Remote Screen is the best application for monitoring technology use at your home or business. With features like live screen monitoring, 24/7 screen recording, internet history tracking, and activity analytics, you’ll have all of the information you need to address problematic behavior as it occurs.
If you need to prevent unwanted online behavior, screen monitoring software can provide you with actionable insights.
By using our spectacular 3-day trial of Wolfeye Remote Screen, you can test all of Wolfeye’s best features and learn just how useful screen monitoring software really is. And for just $97 for an annual license, you can use Wolfeye in your own home or business to monitor devices, protect users, and immediately address unwanted behavior.
- Wolfeye: Is Employee Monitoring Software a Good Idea?
- mSpy: The Best Phone Tracker for Parental Control
- mSpy: FAQ
- Parenting: How to Spy on Your Child Online
- Wolfeye: How To Choose the Best Live Screen Monitoring Software
- Business: Pros and Cons of Monitoring Your Employees
- Teramind: Behavioral Analytics, Data Insights & Enforcement for All Organizations
- Wolfeye: How To Spy on Other Computers on the Same Network