Here’s the Best Computer App To Monitor Your Child’s Usage
There’s no doubt that there’s a lot to worry about when it comes to your child’s online computer usage. Whether it’s unsafe online activity or the nearly unlimited selection of distractions your child can find on the web, there’s no shortage of issues that the internet can present.
The best computer app to monitor your child’s online activity is Wolfeye Remote Screen. This application offers essential features like visited website monitoring, automatic screenshot capture, and 24/7 live screen monitoring. Best of all, Wolfeye is budget-friendly and easy to use.
In this article, I’ll be explaining everything you need to know about using Wolfeye Remote Screen to monitor your child’s computer usage. I’ll also cover everything you need to know about what computer monitoring apps are, why you should use them, and all the essential features you need to look for.
Use Wolfeye Remote Screen To Monitor Your Child’s Online Activity
If you want to monitor your child’s activity on the web, there’s no better solution than using Wolfeye Remote Screen. This powerful application offers a full suite of features that will allow you to monitor your child effectively.
Wolfeye Remote Screen is built with every feature that parents need, including a 24/7 live screen view, automatic screenshotting and archival, and complete web activity monitoring. Best of all, Wolfeye is easy to use and completely hidden from users.
After you’ve purchased Wolfeye Remote Screen or downloaded the trial, all you need to do to get started is configure the application using this simple tutorial. Once you’re done, you’ll have a convenient link that you can use for device monitoring and accessing saved screenshots.
What Is a Computer Monitoring App?
Computer monitoring apps are applications that allow you to monitor what the user of a device is doing online, typically through screen recording and automatic activity logging. They can be used to make sure your child is focusing and staying safe online.
These applications are perfect for helping you adapt your parenting techniques to the age of the internet. Since applications like Wolfeye Remote Screen allow you to monitor the websites your child visits and actively view the device screen, you’ll have no obstacles in monitoring your child’s device use and addressing issues as they arise.
Why Should I Choose Wolfeye Remote Screen?
You should choose Wolfeye Remote Screen because it’s the best screen monitoring solution for families. It offers all of the essential features parents need, including automatic screenshotting and archival, 24/7 web activity monitoring, and a live screen view — all at an affordable cost.
Here are the best reasons to choose Wolfeye Remote Screen for all your monitoring needs.
- Wolfeye Remote Screen allows 24/7 screen monitoring. When you use Wolfeye to monitor your child’s computer, you can actively view what they’re doing on their screen at any time by accessing the monitoring link. This is perfect for making sure your child is focusing on school.
- Wolfeye is perfect for monitoring your child’s online activity. While other monitoring applications are often much more limited in their ability to record internet history, Wolfeye allows you to view all of your child’s online activity in a digital log.
- Wolfeye Remote Screen can automatically screenshot and record device use over time. Unfortunately, it’s impossible to watch your child’s screen every second of the day — but when you use Wolfeye, you can see how your child used the device over time by viewing the log of screenshots taken at automatic intervals.
- Wolfeye is affordable and high-value. While many screen monitoring applications ask for exorbitant monthly fees, an annual subscription for Wolfeye Remote Screen only costs $97. This is an extremely reasonable price, considering that the application offers a full suite of features — and if you’re not sure about buying it, Wolfeye offers a free trial.
- Wolfeye Remote Screen is easy to use. Unfortunately, a lot of the other remote monitoring applications on the market are bloated with features that make them difficult to understand and use. Wolfeye Remote Screen offers all of the essential monitoring features in an easy-to-use interface, making it an excellent general solution.
How To Install Wolfeye Remote Screen
If you want to use Wolfeye Remote Screen with your family, you’ll be delighted to know that installing the application is a simple process. To start, you’ll need to create an exception for Wolfeye in your antivirus.
Because Wolfeye Remote Screen uses many of the same techniques as spyware applications to discreetly monitor devices, antiviruses can sometimes raise false flags. When you create an exception for Wolfeye Remote Screen, you’ll ensure that the application can continue to work without interruption or detection.
- To start, you should navigate to a directory of your choice on your PC — such as C:\Users\Public — and create a folder. You’ll be storing Wolfeye Remote Screen inside this folder, so if you want to hide the application, it’s worth giving it a discreet name.
- Next, you’ll need to open your antivirus program of choice and navigate through the settings until you find the section titled exclusions or exceptions. This varies by program but is generally easy to find. Inside this section, you’ll see a list of any files that the antivirus program is told to ignore during malware scans.
- Click to create an exception, and then find and select the folder you just created. As a result of this process, your antivirus program will ignore Wolfeye Remote Screen. This will ensure that the application can continue to run without being detected or closed by the user.
- Next, you’ll need to go to the Wolfeye Remote Screen website and either purchase the application or download the free trial. Once you’ve downloaded the ZIP file for Wolfeye Remote Screen, drag and drop the zip file into your newly created folder. This will make sure that your antivirus program ignores it.
- Now that Wolfeye Remote Screen is correctly placed, you can unzip the file into the folder. Right-click on the zip file and click to extract the zip file directly into the current folder. The password for the zip folder is ‘wolfeye’. Once the folder is completely unzipped, run Wolfeye Remote Screen by double-clicking on the EXE file.
- Windows will prompt you to confirm whether or not you’d like to run the application. Click ‘more information’, and then select ‘run anyway’. This will allow Wolfeye Remote Screen to run without interruption.
- Once Wolfeye Remote Screen is open, you can configure it to start recording the device’s screen. First, click ‘share screen’. After the share screen button turns red and changes to read ‘stop sharing’, a URL will appear above the buttons. This URL is where you will be able to view the live monitoring display and screenshots that Wolfeye automatically collects.
- Next, you will need to send the link to your email address, ensuring that you can comfortably view it from any device of your choice. Click the button that says ‘email URL’ and enter your own address in the text box that appears. Next, click to send the email. Once you open the email from a device of your choice and click on the link, you’ll be able to view everything that Wolfeye Remote Screen records in a convenient web portal.
- Finally, you will need to hide Wolfeye Remote Screen from the user. Click the rightmost button that says ‘Hide + Win Startup’. This will configure Wolfeye Remote Screen to continue running and monitoring in the background while staying out of the user’s view. It will also allow Wolfeye to boot up discreetly whenever Windows is restarted.
Why Should I Monitor My Child’s Computer?
There are a lot of reasons why monitoring your child’s computer is beneficial. Monitoring allows you to protect your devices from viruses, make sure your child is staying safe online, protect your child from inappropriate content, and help your child stay focused when using devices for school.
Here are the best reasons to use computer monitoring software on your child’s computer.
- Help your child stay focused. Whether it’s off-topic websites or video games that are distracting your child, one of the best things you can do to address the issue is to install screen monitoring software. This will allow you to see what your child is using their computer for, and directly enable you to address issues as they occur and help your child build healthy computer use habits.
- Protect your devices from malware and viruses. There are a lot of websites and applications on the internet that can infect your device with viruses. Unfortunately, many children don’t know how to avoid viruses on the web. Using screen monitoring software to make sure your child is following best practices and staying safe online can help prevent a frustrating virus from infecting your computer.
- Help your child make good choices on the web. While children today are more tech-literate than generations before, there are still some common mistakes children make on the web that can have real-world consequences. By monitoring your child’s activity online, you can help them make the right choices when using social media and address situations like cyberbullying in a safe and productive way.
- Protect your child from inappropriate content on the web. Unfortunately, there’s no shortage of inappropriate content on the web. Whether it’s inappropriate strangers or adult content, it’s important that you’re able to address these situations immediately and protect your child. Using screen monitoring software will allow you to keep your child safe and help them process any inappropriate content they may accidentally encounter on the web.
It’s not just speculation to say that screen monitoring software improves the device use habits of kids. In fact, according to a study by Iowa State University, children who were subject to screen monitoring had less overall screen time and enjoyed notable increases in their sleep quality, school performance, and behavior.
What Are the Essential Computer Monitoring App Features To Look for?
The most essential computer monitoring app features to look for when choosing an application are visited website monitoring, automatic screenshot capture, and live screen monitoring. These features will allow you to asynchronously watch your child’s online activity and encourage safe behavior.
Visited Website Monitoring
While browser history can be deleted, a good computer monitoring application will allow you to see what users have been doing on the web without interference. When you use a quality application like Wolfeye Remote Screen, you’ll also be able to see when the PC has been accessed, which is essential for enforcing curfews and reasonable screen usage limits.
Automatic Screenshot Capture
If you want your new screen monitoring program to be effective, you should look for one that includes automatic screenshot capture. In particular, applications that include a date and time stamp on the captured image will give you all of the information you need to address device use issues as they arise. When the application you use automatically screenshots at intervals, you’ll have no trouble seeing what your child does on the web and whether their online activity is appropriate.
Live Screen Monitoring
Lastly, one of the most essential features you should look for when shopping for a computer monitoring application is live screen view. This will allow you to see what the user is doing at any time with a perfectly unobstructed view. This is ideal for making sure that your child is focusing on their homework, and it also allows you to make sure they’re behaving appropriately when using games and social applications.
Other Factors To Consider When Choosing a Computer Monitoring App
There are other factors that you should consider when choosing an appropriate monitoring app. Let’s take a look at them.
As you’re considering different computer monitoring applications, one of the most important things you should consider is whether it fits into your budget. Some computer monitoring software is prohibitively expensive, while other applications charge a reasonable monthly fee that can build up to become expensive over time. The best applications charge a low monthly fee or reasonable one-time fee, but depending on your needs, expensive high-tech applications can be worth considering.
If you want to have the best experience with your new screen monitoring software, you should look for an option that is known to have good customer service. This will ensure that if you run into any issues while using the software, you’ll have all of the support you need to get things back to running as intended. Online reviews are usually the best source to determine if a screen monitoring program has good customer service.
As you assess the customer service of an application by reading reviews, it’s also worth examining whether or not the application has a good reputation overall. Other users of applications are generally able to provide insights that review websites aren’t. Looking at user-generated reviews will be a major help when determining if an application actually suits your needs.
Lastly, if you’re looking for a screen monitoring application that will really work, you should look for one that is completely discreet. This will allow you to seamlessly monitor the computer without having to disclose the presence of the monitoring application. If you decide to disclose that you’re using a monitoring application, the discreteness of the application will ensure that your child isn’t able to find the name of the application and remove it.
Monitoring what your child does on the web is important for helping them stay safe and healthy. When you use a full-featured application like Wolfeye Remote Screen, making sure that your child stays safe and focused on the web is a simple process.
- PcMag: computer monitoring
- Kiddoware: 6 reasons to monitor your Child’s Internet Activity
- Wolfeye: How To Choose the Best Live Screen Monitoring Software
- Bitrebels: 8 Factors To Consider When Choosing Software For Business
- Wolfeye: How To Monitor Children’s Screen Use (Parent’s Guide)
- Wolfeye: How To Monitor a Child’s Computer Without Them Knowing
- Wolfeye: How To Remotely View Your Child’s Computer Screen
- Wolfeye: Tutorial
- News4Jax: Benefits to monitoring your child’s ‘screen’ time